At LRZ Consulting, our goal is to help build a unique, customized accounting and finance function that meets the needs of small and mid-market companies. Our commitment is to always put the needs of our clients first, to help businesses achieve their goals, and to increase value for owners and stakeholders.
Whether you need assistance with certain processes, need a high-level review of your monthly financials, or need your entire accounting and finance function replaced, we strive to build a solution that meets the specific needs of each business. We begin by encouraging business owners to ask themselves the following questions:
- Is my accounting and finance function adding value to the business?
- Am I getting the best price for my accounting services or internal accounting personnel?
- Are useful, easy-to-interpret financial statements provided to management on a timely basis?
If the answer to any of these questions is “No”, or “Maybe”, then it’s time to start evaluating your accounting and financial needs. We start with an initial meeting to evaluate your processes and systems, and suggest alternative approaches to resolve your challenges. Our pricing fluctuates based on the level of service, but we have structured our organization so that we always have competitive pricing, and we always strive to offer a solution that reduces the all-in cost of your accounting and finance function. Our ongoing services are typically provided on a fixed-price basis so that there are no surprises, and you can be ensured of the potential cost savings.
Based on our experience, we believe an efficient and effective accounting system has at least four layers of personnel; a CFO, Controller, Senior Accountant, and Staff Accountant. Unfortunately, for most small and mid-market companies, the volume of the business will not require four employees. Our solutions are designed to fill that void. Oftentimes, the only internal accounting personnel is a Senior Accountant, or an equivalent. This employee can complete most of the accounting functions, but often leaves a company without high-level financial reporting expertise. It may leave the company with an inability to properly forecast and budget, and may not receive any strategic direction from the accounting finance department. In that case, we can provide a controller or CFO-level consultant on an hourly basis to present monthly financial statements to management, and provide financial modeling and strategic insight based on their wide array of experience. This is just one example; every company has different needs. Our solutions may be one of the following:
- Providing month-end close and financial reporting functions
- Part-time remote or on-site staffing for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processing
- Audit readiness at year-end
- Replacing the entire accounting function from top to bottom with our team, to provide all levels of personnel for an efficient and effective accounting system
- Assistance developing schedules, forecasts, and budgets
- Evaluation of accounting systems
- Accounting systems implementations
- Training internal personnel on accounting systems and processes
- Assistance with complying with DCAA requirements